Leadership & Management
Early Years Leadership Cluster
Are you an Early Years Co-ordinator, Assistant Headteacher, or an EYFS teacher who aspires to be a leader? Would you like to network with others in your position?
We think that leadership matters to every early years teacher. We are all leading complex teams We have set up this group for you, so that:
- You can access help, support and practical advice if you are working on the NPQML or NPQSL qualifications;
- You can explore some of the issues and dilemmas of early years leadership with your peers and colleagues, in a safe place;
- You can feel confident and prepared about key tasks like monitoring quality, self-evaluation and preparing for Ofsted.
The group is facilitated by Julian Grenier and Lesley Webb from Sheringham Nursery School. You are welcome to drop in to any or all of our sessions during the year and to sign up to our group email so you can share ideas and experiences whenever it suits you.
The Early Years Leadership Cluster provides a relaxed, professional and friendly arena to access support and advice from fellow professionals who share the same motivation and passion for Early years issues in leadership. The facilitators support, stimulate and nurture your confidence to tackle the difficulties of leadership.
Tim Hawley, Assistant Head Teacher, Ronald Openshaw Nursery Education Centre
Working with the Teaching School has really helped me to understand and develop my role as the Early Years Leader in school. It was a safe, supportive place in which to talk through any issues and uncertainties and that enabled me to feel confident when preparing for and talking to Ofsted.
Caron Harrison, EYFS Co-ordinator, Odessa Infant School
More information here.
Children’s Centre Leadership Hub
Are you a Best Start in Life practitioner working in a Newham Children’s Centre? We think that leadership matters to everyone who works in a Children’s Centre. We are all working in complex teams, collaborating with staff from other agencies, and striving to improve the life chances of Newham’s youngest children.
That’s why we are supporting all Best Start in Life Practitioners in accessing the National Professional Qualification for Middle Leadership (NPQML) and for Senior Leadership (NPQSL). But we recognise that these qualifications can be challenging for staff working in Children’s Centres.
We have set up the Children’s Centre Leadership Hub so that:
- You can access help, support and practical advice if you are working on the NPQML or NPQSL qualifications.
- You can explore some of the issues and dilemmas of Children’s Centre leadership with your peers and colleagues, in a safe place;
- You can feel confident and prepared about key tasks like monitoring impact and outcomes.
The group is facilitated by Julian Grenier from Sheringham Nursery School and Children’s Centre with Julie Vaggers, previously head of Rowland Hill Nursery School and Children’s Centre. Julie spent many years researching Children’s Centre leadership for her doctorate, which was taught at Pen Green Centre.
More information here.